Adult / Kids Sunday School Series
Sermon for the Starving Bible Believing Christians All Over the World Wide
- KJV Bible Believers Church in Touchet, Touchet, Washington - Pastor Mike
Paulson - 2007
the way of God more perfectly - Acts 18:26
with the Scriptures Rightly Divided - II
What is In the Old Testament "FOR" us?
September 30, 2007
In It "FOR" Us?
Now all these things happened unto them
for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition,
upon whom the ends of the world are come.
I Corinthians 10:11
whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning,
we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
"Ensamples" from whom to learn, not
for us to follow!
and His Penknife
My apologies, but this
section of XXXIV was accidentally skipped when all my anxiety stuff
that began with my Baruch message. So, here is a continuation from
Jeremiah chapter 36, about the King and his penknife.
The command to Jeremiah:
from Jeremiah to Baruch:
verse 2 - Take
thee a roll of a book, and write therein all the words that I have spoken
unto thee against Israel, and against Judah, and against all the nations,
from the day I spake unto thee, from the days of Josiah, even unto this
Why Baruch? verse
5: And Jeremiah commanded Baruch,
saying, I am shut up; I cannot go into the house of the LORD:
verse 6 - Therefore go thou, and
read in the roll, which thou hast written from my mouth, the words of the
LORD in the ears of the people in the LORD's house upon the fasting day:
and also thou shalt read them in the ears of all Judah that come out of
verse 3 -
It may be that the house of Judah will
hear all the evil which I purpose to do unto them; that they may return
every man from his evil way; that I may forgive their iniquity and their
verse 7 -
It may be they will present their supplication
before the LORD, and will return every one from his evil way: for great
is the anger and the fury that the LORD hath pronounced against this people.
Key verses to be mini-preached.
You must listen to the audio to receive the application of learning and
admonition for us today!
- read in the ears of all the people during a fast - all the people in
Jerusalem, including visitors!
- Michaiah heard out of the book ALL the words of the LORD and
then declared them to the Kings house, etc.
Baruch was taken to more to hear what those words said
- typical reaction to truth to a lost person - FEAR
Why tell the
king? to help him prepare his fighting men?
- they ask, "How do you do that, Baruch?"
- "You had better hide!"
- 21 - so THEY took the roll in to the King and read it to him
- 23 - cut it up and through it into the fire - right away,
too. Only 3-4 leaves into the reading.
- they showed no fear at that destruction of the words of the LORD.
- a few tried to stop the King
- King told them to lock up Baruch and Jeremiah - but they were not to
- God tells Jeremiah to write another roll
- Jeremiah challenges the King and the King gives Jeremiah his answer!
- Jeremiah writes it again - and added many like words.
Are we thankful
for all that the Lord has done for us today
so that we needn't
worry about what Jeremiah preached?