Adult Sunday School Series
Sermon for the Starving Bible Believing Christians All Over the World Wide
- KJV Bible Believers Church in Touchet, Touchet, Washington - Pastor Mike
Paulson - 2007
the way of God more perfectly - Acts 18:26
with the Scriptures Rightly Divided - II
Now all these things
happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition,
In It FOR Us?
upon whom the ends of the
world are come.
I Corinthians 10:11
May 16, 2007
I Kings / II Chronicles
Comments on Solomon
Temple; His seeking the world's ways!
by God Himself!
Tabernacle - only a tent! - for 400 years. Most of the time at Shiloh
short lived glory. Plundered within 5 years after Solomon's death.
Destroyed by Babylonians 586 B.C.
40-43) Not an actual temple, but a vision
of a Future Ideal Restored Temple.
- not temples, but small buildings in scattered Jewish communities
Temple - built after Return from captivity - see Ezra and Nehemiah.
Stood 500 years
- Magnificent beyond description - destroyed by the Romans in A.D. 70 (See
- John 2:19-21
- if saved - a temple of God - I Corinthians
Temple in heaven
- The Tabernacle was a pattern to something in Heaven - (Hebrews
9:11,24). John saw a Temple (Revelation
God and the
Lamb become the Temple (Revelation
has found a lot of this stuff!
28:19 - in writing from God!
- as told to Moses, follow the pattern
22:5 - ...must
be exceeding magnifical, of fame and of glory throughout all countries...
Ecclesiastes - Solomon can save us all
a lot of 'school of learning the hard way!'
(so they say) of all religious claims
Islam - where
Mohammed ascended to God in Heaven, accompanied by the angel Gabriel.
There he consulted with Moses and was given the Islamic prayers before
returning to Earth.
the site where Abraham fulfilled God's test to see if he would be willing
to sacrifice his son Isaac. (Muslims believe this event involved
Ishmael and occurred in the desert of Mina where millions offer pilgrimage
also the rock
where Jacob dreamt about angels ascending and descending a ladder to heaven.
this was the rock
upon which the Ark of the Covenant was placed - Solomon - as this was the
site of Solomon's temple.
during the second
temple, the rock was used by High Priest who offered up the incense and
sprinkled the blood of the sacrifices on it during the Yon Kippur Service.
alleges that the entire world was created from this stone, hence the name
(Catholic) - this is the spot where Constantine's mother built a small
church, calling the Church of St. Cyrus and St. John, later on enlarged
and the Church of the Holy Wisdom.
Secrets - (remember the transformer toys?)
a model of Solomon's temple
and Solomon's temple design
And Solomon's own conclusion?
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his
commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every
work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether
it be evil. 12:13,14
Theme - 1:1-11
1:12-18; 2:1-17 - life without God
- it didn't work even for the rich who could have everything!
Solomon's summary - 2:16,17; 12:13,14
All the world's philosophies 1:13,16
- can be found in Ecclesiastes:
materialism and education -
learn by experience - 2:3
phenomenalism - 2:10
- how YOU see it - your own perception and concept.
pessimism - 2:20
- stressing the negative / gloomiest view - Eyorism.
fatalism - 2:23
- predetermined by fate - you have no choice in the matter - unalterable
egotism - 2:25
- all about yourself
pragmatism - 2:26
- if it works, then it must be right.
Go for it!
agnosticism - 3:11,12
- no 'truth' - no God - only how you perceive
theism - 3:14,15
- belief in God - all of God
naturalism - 16-18
- all explainable by natural causes, instinct
pantheism - 3:20
- worship of all gods - Deity is the universe
paganism - 4:2 -
no religion - all based on personal pleasure
deism - 5:2,4,6,7
- God created and then let it go on it's own. No influence from God.
communism - 5:9 -
collective ownership - labour for the common man, controlled by the government
that "know's best" for all.
capitalism - 5:12-14,
18,19 - a free market - make it work through
your own efforts, etc.
rationalism - 6:9,10
- reliance on reason. Reason over
authority, experience or spiritual revelation
skepticism - 6:11,12
- doubt - stressing uncertainty to oppose
dogmatism - absolute knowledge is unattainable. (Eyorism)
modernism - 9:7,8
- departure from the traditional way -
new, innovative forms of expression
existentialism - 11:7,8
- A philosophy that emphasizes the uniqueness
and isolation of the individual experience in a hostile or indifferent
universe, regards human existence as unexplainable, and stresses freedom
of choice and responsibility for the consequences of one's acts.
And you know folks, that is very possible today
- with rightly dividing a KJB, you can prepare or despair - it is your
choice. God won't force anything on us! Let Paul guide you
to and through the Risen Christ! Romans
to Philemon - to you - the rest is
just there for you! There ya go!
Learn from Solomon - but certainly don't try to be follow his example;
you will follow it right to the lake of fire! Revelation