Family Sunday School Series
October 19, 2008
all these things happened unto them for ensamples:
they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are
whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning,
we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
Remember, the Gospels
are still in the Old Testament doctrinally!
Gospels are not TO
However, there is still
much within those Gospels FOR us!
the Gospels showing all that is falsely applied today!
How To Read the Gospels for Paul Following Christians
Important to note: this is Jesus talking TO the disciples after the Passover dinner, not to us.The True Vine
John 13:1 to John 16:33
Results of Results
- 1: I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
- Antichrist issue is a Jewish issue.
- Matthew 24:24 -
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew
great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall
deceive the very elect.
- Mark 13:22 -
For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs
and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
- Tribulation Books
- I John 2:18 -
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that
antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we
know that it is the last time.
- 1John 2:22 - Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
- I John 4:3 -
And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the
flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye
have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
- II John 1:7 -
For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that
Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
- Paul warns...
- another Jesus - II Corinthians 11:1-4
- another spirit - II Corinthians 11:1-4
- another gospel - II Corinthians 11:1-4
- false prophet - Acts 13:6
- false witnesses - II Corinthians 15:15
- false apostles - II Corinthians 11:13
- false brethren - II Corinthians 11:26; Galatians 2:4
- false accusers - II Timothy 3:3; Titus 2:3
- but never mentions false christs!
- II Thessalonians 2:1-12 - he warns about the devil himself and the time that he arrives, etc. - Tribulation!
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every
branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more
is one of the sources of this Great Commission, modern Bible Believing
teaching of Fear and guilt of not being the 'great' tithing, church attending, soul winning Christian!
- Not the message from Paul today!
- Romans 2:4 - Or
despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and
longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to
- I Corinthians 3 - Judgment Seat of Christ deals with works that produce fruits.
- Our fruit today originates from the Holy Ghost
- Galatians 5:22,23 - But
the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness,
goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no
- Ephesians 5:9 - (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
- We are then to be fruitful in our walk - reaping what we sow, but no purging from God, etc.
- Colossians 1:10 - That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work,
- Colossians 1:5,6 -
For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard
before in the word of the truth of the gospel; Which is come unto
you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth
also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in
- Philippians 4:17 - Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.
- Philippians 1:11 - Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.
Abide in him!
- 3: Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
- It was the spoken words in those days.
- King James Bible is his words today, so the obvious conclusions would be quite similiar.
- I Thessalonians 2:13 - For
this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received
the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of
men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh
also in you that believe.
- Psalm 19:12 - Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.
- Psalm 51:2 - Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
- Psalm 119:9 - Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself,
except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
- Ye - plural - disciples!
- To them, "in me" meant their belief as the Son of God - the Messiah, etc.
- We are cleansed with the written word today!
- Abide - stay in the Book!
- You can't do it alone!
- from Paul
- I Corinthians 8:6 -
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and
we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by
- Colossians 2:6 - As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
- Colossians 2:7 - Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
- Colossians 2:9 - For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
- Colossians 2:10 - And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
- II Thessalonians 1:12 -
That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye
in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in
him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:....
- Today, we must also abide in him!
- Romans 8:8 - So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
- By following Paul, we will have the God of peace!
- Philippians 4:9 - Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
- Not by doing the works, but all that Paul preaches about faith and trust
- Titus 3:5 - Not
by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his
mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the
- Ephesians 1:13 - In
whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel
of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed
with that holy Spirit of promise, etc.
- II Corinthians 11:15 -
Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as
the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their
- Romans 10:3,4
- For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not
according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's
righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness,
have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
Abide Not In Him
- 5b: ... for without me ye can do nothing.
- It sure does
seem that just the opposite is happening today - those that do NOT have Christ are
prospering, those that want to serve the Living God have the
persecution and discouragement, etc.
Answer to Prayer - Then!
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is
withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they
- Burned - Hell and the Lake of Fire...
- Luke 16:19-31 - The Rich man and the beggar Lazarus
- Matthew 13:30 -
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I
will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind
them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
- Matthew 13:37-42 - He
answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of
man; The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the
kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; The
enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the
world; and the reapers are the angels. As therefore the tares are
gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this
world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall
gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do
iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall
be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
- Revelation 20:11-15
Bear Much Fruit
- 7: If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
- Again, to abide in him is to abide in his words.
- It shall be done unto you. really? Has that been true?
out of God's will? That is the excuse that folks will say to you
when confronted with the modern teachings of prayer power.
- We don't know what to pray for - so He gives us the Holy Ghost to pray for us!
- Romans 8:26 - Likewise
the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should
pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us
with groanings which cannot be uttered.
- Paul would STILL have us pray!
- Philippians 9:7,8 - Be
careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with
thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Keep Commandments for His Love!
- 8: Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
- We grow spiritually today!
- Ephesians 1:3 -
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath
blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
- We make changes in our personal lives!
- Acts 26:18-20 - To
open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the
power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and
inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in
me. Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the
heavenly vision: But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at
Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the
Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet
- Ephesians 4:1 - Eph:4:1: I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
- Ephesians 2:10 - For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
- We don't seek numbers of souls, attendance, property, etc. - gain is not godliness!
- I Timothy 6:5b,6 - supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. But godliness with contentment is great gain.
His Words - Joy
- 9: As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
- 10: If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
continue in the love of the Risen Christ means you also must not
continue with some folks - withdraw from, have no company with - avoid,
etc. John 6:66
- 'IF' they would keep his commandments, he would stay with them!
- He kept them, so shouldn't we today?
- They did have to then - but do we today?
- Must we follow? Imitate?
- If so, who?
- Our own heart and understanding?
- 11: These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
- Spoken words then!
- Today, the King James Bible, rightly divided, is our source of full joy!
- They had the prophets before to speak things from God, then John the Baptist.
- Then they had Jesus, then the Holy Spirit, then Paul, then
- All words from the Risen Christ to us today!
- New Testament begins after his death, so why not listen to his words after He died and rose again!
- Acts 26:17; Galatians 1:12; Ephesians 3:3; II Corinthians 12:1-6
- We must also go beyond Peter and and the death of Steven - to the ONE apostle!
- Galatians 2:7,8
- But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision
was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto
Peter; (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the
apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the
Part II - October 26, 2008
Love One Another?
- 12: This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
- To the Disciples
- True love as Paul teaches also means to withdraw, avoid, etc.
- 13: Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
- 14: Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what
his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I
have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
- He commanded his 'friends' to do the "Great Commission" to the Jews to the Gentiles
- Acts 1-8
- Matthew 28:19,20; Mark 16:15-20
- Made known unto...
- them during Paul's days - the Holy Spirit! - I Corinthians 2:9-16
- to us today - King James Bible! I Corinthians 13:10
Love One Another - Disciples
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye
should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain:
that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it
- He chose the apostles - he did not choose us, we choose Him!
- Calvinisticism seeds of false teaching to Christians thinking that they are being chosen today!
- Here is another reference falsely used today to try to prove that the success of your prayer is based on asking in his name...
They Hate Jews - are they to hate us automatically, too?
- 17: These things I command you, that ye love one another.
- Spoken to his apostles.
- Fitly joined today - Ephesians 4:11-16
- People run when the fitting means changes, persecutions, afflictions, etc.
- To love abundantly today with Paul's gospel often results in what?
- II Corinthians 12:15 - And I will very gladly spend and be spent for you; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I be loved.
- I Timothy 4:10 -
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in
the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that
- II Timothy 1:8 - Be
not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his
prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel
according to the power of God;
- Speaking the truth in love brings what?
- Ephesians 4:15 - But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
- Galatians 4:16 - Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth
- II Thessalonians 2:10 -
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish;
because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be
- II Timothy 1:13 - Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
- 18: If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye
are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore
the world hateth you.
- We were not chosen!
- We have not nor are we expected to escape the pollutions of the world.
- We are made his righteousness!
- Romans 6:18 - Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
- Romans 6:22 - But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
- Romans 8:2 - For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
- Galatians 5:1 - Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
- Do we start all this with a chip on our shoulder?
- What is so 'wrong' with what we want to do within our families!
- What do we do / say that makes them so angry?
- Do we 'say' more than we just quietly 'do.'
- Spiritual warfare, of course...
For His Name's Sake
Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than
his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if
they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
No Cloke for Their Sin
- 21: But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
- for the sake of the KJB testimony!
- They don't know the real risen Christ!
- They don't know Rightly Dividing!
Why They Hate Him
- 22: If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.
- Romans 7:9-11
- Romans 3:19,20
- Galatians 3:24
- 23: He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
- They hate the KJB, they hate Paul, they hate the Holy Ghost, they hate the Risen Christ - they hate the Father!
Yet, He / they were / are Hated Without a Cause
If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they
had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my
- His works? He fulfilled the law - the walk!
- And He would impute that to us!
- Took care of the law! Romans 10:4
- Yet ... they hate the KJB, they hate Paul, they hate the Holy Ghost, they hate the Risen Christ - they hate the Father!
Comforter Testifies of Jesus, Not of Itself
- 25: But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
- What has the Risen Christ done to them?
- What has Paul done to them?
- What has this KJB done to them?
- What has preaching the word done to them?
- Maybe it is more what they have NOT done to them!
- bring greater numbers
- make more friends
- have more activities instead of all this serious preaching, etc.
- help them ignore the reality of the times
- feed their flesh
- make them feel good
- help them prosper
- give them spiritual power
- make them think 'they' are the spiritual wonder they want to be!
From the Beginning of What?
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the
Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he
shall testify of me:
- Modern Pentecostals say they live by the Spirit of God, the earthly Jesus, etc. but not the Risen Christ!
- Galatians 2:20
- I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but
Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live
by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
- 27: And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.
- Disciples were with him from the beginning of his ministry, NOT beginning of time, etc.
- Matthew 4; Mark 1; Luke 6; John 1