Adult / Kids Sunday School Series
October 5, 2008
all these things happened unto them for ensamples:
In the Gospels "FOR" Us?
they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are
whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning,
we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
Remember, the Gospels
are still in the Old Testament doctrinally!
Gospels are not TO
However, there is still
much within those Gospels FOR us!
the Gospels showing all that is falsely applied today!
False worship today
Hateth life in this world
- 20: And there were certain Greeks among
them that came up to worship at the feast:
- 21: The same came therefore to Philip,
which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would
- 22: Philip cometh and telleth Andrew: and
again Andrew and Philip tell Jesus.
- 23: And Jesus answered them, saying, The
hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.
- They came to see him only to find out His time has come...
- Will it ever be too late for any of us to make those changes in our lives?
- Will it ever be too late for you to read / study / learn your KJB?
- Who will be the last one...
- before the rapture?
- before His second coming?
- 24: Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except
a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if
it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
- 25: He that loveth his life shall lose
it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
more you learn your Bible and see all that the Risen Christ teaches,
etc - the goodness of God, etc. one will learn to love his life less!
will become easier to avoid, to withdraw from such, to not partake, to
have no company with,take heed, have no fellowship with works of
darkness, etc. as one draws closer to the Risen Christ through Paul and
- Not because all things
are lawful, but because as you learn to please God, you have no fear of
God's punishment, wrath and judgment!
- Note that with the Risen Christ, we do not have to fear the loss of our eternal life.
- Ephesians 1:13,14 -
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth,
the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye
were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,Which is the earnest of
our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto
the praise of his glory.
- Philippians 1:20
- According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I
shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also
Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by
- 26: If any man serve me, let him follow
me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me,
him will my Father honour.
- We follow Jesus today by allowing Him to lead us to Paul who will teach us how to follow the RISEN CHRIST!
- I Corinthians 11:1 - Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
- Galatians 1:12
- Acts 26:15-20
- Ephesians 3:1-7
- II Corinthians 12
Heard God speak to Jesus "for their sake"
- 27: Now is my soul troubled; and what shall
I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this
- 28: Father, glorify thy name. Then came
there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify
- 29: The people therefore, that stood by,
and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him.
- 30: Jesus answered and said, This voice
came not because of me, but for your sakes.
- Paul stayed 'on earth' and passed on the words of the Risen Christ for our sake!
- Philippians 1:23-26 -
For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be
with Christ; which is far better: Nevertheless to abide in the
flesh is more needful for you. And having this confidence, I know
that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and
joy of faith; That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus
Christ for me by my coming to you again.
Prince of this world
31: Now is the judgment of this world: now
shall the prince of this world be cast out.
- John 14:30: Hereafter
I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and
hath nothing in me.
- John 16:11: Of
judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
How He will die!
They could not believe him!
- 32: And I, if I be lifted up from the earth,
will draw all men unto me.
- compared to: John
6:44 - No man can come to me, except the
Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last
- Calvinists claim their verses from the Gospels!
- Calvinists ignore what Christ said here for the times
after Christ died.
- 33: This he said, signifying what death he
- 34: The people answered him, We have heard
out of the law that Christ abideth for ever: and how sayest thou, The Son
of man must be lifted up? who is this Son of man?
- 35: Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little
while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness
come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.
- 36: While ye have light, believe in the
light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus,
and departed, and did hide himself from them.
- 37: But though he had done so many miracles
before them, yet they believed not on him:
- 38: That the saying of Esaias the prophet
might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report?
and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?
- 39: Therefore they could not believe, because
that Esaias said again,
- 40: He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened
their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with
their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
- Is this a fear / teaching to everyone today?
- Romans 2:4 -
Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and
longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to
- Christ makes it all possible to know and understand - now it is us who are the ones who allow our own blindness to continue!
- The KJB is available today!
- It won't be available 'tomorrow' as it is today, though.
- 41: These things said Esaias, when he saw
his glory, and spake of him.
They loved the praise of men more than praise of God
- 42: Nevertheless among the chief rulers
also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess
him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue:
- 43: For they loved the praise of men more
than the praise of God.
- II Timothy 1:8 -
Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me
his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel
according to the power of God;
- 44: Jesus cried and said, He that believeth
on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.
- 45: And he that seeth me seeth him that
- 46: I am come a light into the world, that
whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
- believing that He is the Christ, the Son of God, the Messiah, etc.
- John 11:25-27 -
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that
believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever
liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou
this? She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the
Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.
- John 8:24 - I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
- John 6:68,69 -
Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the
words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that thou art
that Christ, the Son of the living God.
- John 1:34 - And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.
Judgment - by His words!
- 47: And if any man hear my words, and believe
not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the
- 48: He that rejecteth me, and receiveth
not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the
same shall judge him in the last day.
- 49: For I have not spoken of myself; but
the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say,
and what I should speak.
- 50: And I know that his commandment is
life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said
unto me, so I speak.
- He then speaks to Paul!
- Galatians 1:12
- Acts 26:15-20
- Ephesians 3:1-7
- II Corinthians 12
- Judgment to us Christians will be from Paul's teachings!
- Romans 2:16 - In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.